Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Wepons Qualifying


Hello again and welcome to my life. This weekend as I said, we were going through weapons training and it ended with qualifying and night firing yesterday. Needless to say it was a long weekend but it was a very long weekend. I did qualify in my first try on the range and about half of the company had to do it more than once. Then when it got dark we got to fire 30 rounds at a night target 50 meters away. It was tougher than it looked. I hope that I don't have to fire in the pitch black when I'm in country.

On Sunday, I get to go the the FOB (forward operating base) and live there for 10 days. I'll take lots of pictures and post them when I get back. We will be doing convoy training, FOB security, and warrior tasks. I bet I'll be tired after that also. So this will be the last post till I get back from the FOB because the rest of this week we are going to briefs and they are as interesting as a root canal. I'm not going to bore you with that junk.

You can always e-mail me and I will respond in kind so I'm not forgetting about anybody. Take care and I will talk to you all in 2 weeks.


Dan

No comments: