Friday, April 27, 2007

Weapons Training


Welcome to my second week here in lovely Fort Sill, OK. Today we started our weapons training and familiarization. I will be on the range firing weapons on Monday after the classes we have to go through. As you see in the picture, we have to wear our helmet, IBA (Interceptor Body Armor), and our weapon everywhere we go for the next week. This stuff is HEAVY!!!! It could be worse, we have the ballistic plates out of the vest. They add another 20lb to the vest. After we go to the range, I will post the pictures of our night fire and other things we get to do with our weapons.

On a personal note, life is settling down here. I'm not buying as much stuff at the PX and that makes Sarah happy. I get to web cam with Sarah almost every night and my space I sleep in is becoming more cramped as they keep giving us more stuff. All in all the training is good and I do get personal time to do things like this, so that is nice.

Everyone have a good weekend and remember my birthday is coming up on the 12th, so just send money!!!(JK)

Thanks for visiting,
Dan

No comments: