Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Day In The Life


Welcome back, I'm glad to have you visit again. As you see, our hero is just sitting around, again, and waiting, again. This is how I spent my day today. We were issued more stuff to take to Iraq like a new helmet, boots, uniforms, and many other items. One problem, they didn't take the old stuff! I'm in a room with 5 other guys and we are bursting at the seams with all of this army "stuff". Our leadership is talking about sending our old items back to Minnesota in a conex but that wont be for a couple of weeks. So as of now my wall locker is full, under my bunk is full, and behind our door is full.


I do want to say thank you to everybody that wished me a happy birthday. I was sent goodies from Sarah's Aunt and a puzzle book from Sarah's best friend Christina. Other people sent money that I spent on new DVD's to watch. All in all I had a good birthday. It only missed a steak and a beer to make it complete. I'll get that when i'm on leave.


Hope everybody had a good weekend and I'll talk to you all later.



Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan!! Good to see you are doing well. Can't tell if you are working more than you are playing. Maybe the work is fun? Take care.