Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!




Hello again and Happy Fathers Day to all of the fathers out there.


This week has been a slow one because we are so close to the end of the deployment. People start thinking of home and doing things with their family and friends and I'm no exception. I am looking forward to my party that will be on the 16th of August and hanging with all of my family and friends. Sarah is putting a lot of hard work into setting it all up and having the house ready for everyone. Sarah and I talk all of the time about what I want to do when I get home and I tell her that I am looking forward to just being with her and having a steak on the grill. That's my idea of a good time. I just can't wait to be home.


I have also been helping Sarah pick out our new car this week. This will be Sarah's car to drive to and from to work and shopping (She does love shopping, as do I). She has cut the field down to about 4 choices and now we debate about the different features and gas mileage that each one gets. She is looking at a Corolla, Rouge, Accord, and an Altima. All of them good choices so she can't go wrong with any of them. I have my poll to the right for your input on these 4 choices to help her along. She is planning on doing some more test driving when she goes up to the cabin next week in Brainerd so the sooner you vote, the sooner she will get the input from you.


That's it for this week. I do want to say a special Happy Fathers Day to my Dad. I hope that your day was a good one and I can't wait to golf with you when I get home. I love you Dad. Take care everyone and I'll see you in the funny pages.


Dan

No comments: