Monday, June 23, 2008

Almost There



Good Day Everyone,


I hope that everyone had a good weekend. I know that my days are getting better each day that goes by because it is one step closer to being home. This past week we started to really started packing and getting ready for the next group that is coming in. They are already in Kuwait and I can't wait to see there smiling faces when they get here. I think about when I got here a year ago and what must be going through there heads as they get ready to come here. I have to say that I have changed a lot from that day to now. I am almost ready to turn a page in my life and begin a new one when I get home. Over the year I have learned a lot about myself and who I am. That's one thing I have here is time to reflect on myself and wonder what the future holds for me. I know one thing, I can't wait to be home with my wife, family, and friends that have supported me throughout this entire deployment and say thank you to them for being there for me.


Also this week I got to go to the pool again and do a little swimming. It was 115 out and it pool felt soooooooo good. I have also talked to Sarah a lot this week about the car she is buying. I want to say thank you for your votes and I know that Sarah is using your input in her choice. Personally, I like the Corolla but I am biased because I have one already and I do like it. This is Sarah's car so it is totally up to her on which one she gets. The Battalion also completed the painting of the side of our hanger with our patches as you see in the picture above. That way is our way of saying we were here to all of the other units that will pass through here. Other than that, it has been work as usual around here. We will have our company and battalion cookouts this week before we get out of here. I am looking forward to them because I do love a good cookout.


Everyone take care and have a good week and I'll talk to you all later.


Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan,

Looking forward to having you back in the states. I know you are ready to come home. Look forward to catching up with you again and kicking your butt in some fantasy football.

--Matt J