Monday, March 17, 2008

The Lawnmower Coin!!!


Happy St. Patrick’s Day Everyone


I hope that you all get to drink some green beer and have a good time tonight. Me, I plan on playing poker in our "Pot O' Pogs" tourney tonight. Speaking of things green, I am going to tell you the story of the "SPC Chris Rogers Lawnmower Coin". In the picture above, that is the coin I am holding up with Gabe next to me with his. This coin is a very special coin to those that get to receive it. You get one for being able to "Cut" through all of the "Grass" that is the Army. I will have the induction video included to this post so that you may understand how special this coin is. We had this coin made here in Iraq and there are only 50 of them to hand out. All of them are numbered and as you will see in the video, they are hard to get. The next time you see me, I will gladly explain to you how I earned mine because I don’t want to brag about my greatness here on my BLOG. Let's just say that I wouldn't trade this coin for anything, it means too much to me.


Now I don't know if I told you all, but we only have about 4 months left before we get to come home and be with the ones we love. There is already talk about what to do with our equipment and stuff when we come home. It is very encouraging to here talk like that. As I look back over the past 7 1/2 months, I come to realize all of the things we have done here. All of the missions the flight companies have gone on. All of the maintenance we have performed on the aircraft. We have our slow days and we have our busy days, but all-in-all I have to say the time has gone by fast and we have done our mission well. I am proud to be here and of the work we have done to this point, but I still can't wait to get home and be in the arms of my wife.


That’s it for now. Again, have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day and also a Happy Easter next week. Don't have too many Easter eggs next week either, that could be worse than a hangover. Take care and I'll talk to you later.


Dan

No comments: