Sunday, March 2, 2008

The End Of The Stache......


Good Day and Welcome!!


This is it, kaput, finished, no more mustache! I don't know how some guys have one all of the time. It drove me crazy having it. I would bite my upper lip and play with my whiskers and it itched all of the time. Now I’m back to my clean shaven self. It was fun though to see everyone that grew one during the month. Some guys look natural with one and then there was me. Of my last photos with the stache, I decided to do it right. I shaved my head and tried to dress like your 3rd grade gym teacher. Since I didn't have the tube socks, my green socks had to do. I got ready to do a proper push up and had my picture taken. Don't I look mean? Tough? Rough? Maybe not, but it was fun to take the pictures. I'll put the other ones I took down below so you can get your fill of the last day of my mustache.


Now that I'm back to normal, except that I'm bald, we are trying to think of the next thing to do to occupy our time. I tried to have everybody shave their head, but they wouldn’t go for that. I'm sure we will come up with something and I'll be sure to let you all know what it is. For now, SGT Pool is working on a slide show with all of the pictures we took with the mustaches. So far it looks really funny. I'll get that to all of you when that is completed also.


This week I have another duty going on so my day off is today and not Monday like normal. That is why I am updating early, if you were wondering. This new duty is a nice change of pace from the norm. You all know how that is. You get in a rut, so anything new is nice to see. After I'm done with it I should be able to give a couple of more details, but till then I have to be vague about it. Because, if I told you I'd have to kill you and we don't want that to happen, right?


Because I had today off, Jesse and I went over to the East side of the post. We checked out the PX, the Iraqi Bazaar for some movies, and then over to the Turkish Bazaar to look at trinkets. It's like going to an organized Mexican Bazaar with overpriced stuff. You really have to haggle with them to get them down in price. I do like haggling!!!! I didn't get anything this time, but I do have my eye on a couple of items. I have them right where I want them for the next time I go. Don't worry Sarah, I'll be sure to get something for you.


That's it for now. Have a wonderful week everyone and I'll talk to you all next week at my normal time.


See Ya,


Dan

No comments: