Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter


Hello Everyone,


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. It got to 100 degrees here on Sunday. I just can't get used to the hot temps in March. I guess I only have to deal with it for a few more months then it's back to the cozy confines of Minnesota. Otherwise, it was uneventful. Which is good if you’re in Iraq, if you ask me.


This week as been a busy one for me at the hanger. I had quite a bit of work because one of my troops is on leave and the other one is on guard duty. It sure did make the week go by fast. Also with the heat and the longer days, the bugs are coming out!! They are horrible here. There are flying ants that can get as big as an inch long, mosquitoes, and sand flies. It's ok during the day, but come dusk they are everywhere. The ants will land on your head and it is just creepy how it feels. They say that it will last till about May then it will be so hot all of the time that they die off and it will be like when we first got here. Till then, I'll be using a whole lot of bug spray.


That's it, I can't think of anything else to say. I could ramble on and drag out your reading experience, but I wouldn't do that to you all. It wouldn't be fair to have you keep reading absolutely nothing except big words I can conjure up and expound on. That's just not right of me.


Have a good week and I'll chat at ya later.


Dan

1 comment:

mrskoch said...

Hey Danny Boy! The bugs sound awful over there! Worse than MN mosquitoes! UGH! Hang in there...only a few more months and you'll be back in good ol' MN. We are all looking forward to having you back at the family gatherings. You have been missed a lot!
Stay safe and stay in touch!
Jill Koch