Monday, February 4, 2008

My Transportation


Hello everybody,


I hope everyone had a good Groundhogs Day and enjoyed watching the Super Bowl Last Night. What a game!! It was on at 2 in the morning here, so I didn't get to bed till 6:30 in the morning but, it was worth it. One thing I did miss is the commercials. AFN is a non-profit so they couldn't play the commercials during the game. I asked Sarah, who asked Robin to record them for me and then send me the DVD. I can't wait till I get to see them. I know, I know, I can see them online but, my connection is kinda slow so watching video online is like watching paint dry. You see a couple of seconds and then it has to load more, then a couple of more seconds......It's just annoying. So on that note I just have to say........GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!


Now I know that a lot of you have fancy vehicles and you are proud of them. Well, so am I of mine. Sarah wanted to see my bike that I ride everyday to and from work. You see, I have "Tricked" it out and added some fun things to make it me. First off, I added a basket in the front to be able to carry things to and from work like the great care packages you all send me. I could have stopped there, but I continued on. Next came the tassels on my handle bars. Stan and I were walking thru the PX and saw them calling to us to buy them and add them to our bikes. Mine are purple and pink with purple stars on the handle area.........CLASSY!!! Now I know you are thinking, what else could he do to this awesome bike? I added a bell and some lights to the spokes of the tires that light up when you ride! Now everyone knows who is riding down the flight line. You can see my bike from far far away. Now, I'm going to put it back on all of you. If you feel that my bike needs more "Fun" stuff added to it, send it to me and I will continue to make my bike the coolest bike in town. You see, the reason I started to do things like this to it was to add some humor into the doldrums of day-to-day life around here. I get all sorts of looks and comments, and I love it. When I go by the guard shack, most of them yell out "Nice Tassels". You can’t pay enough for that kind of publicity. Anywho........help me make my bike so cool that I just might have to bring it back with me and tour the twin cities with it.


That’s it for now. Again, I can't thank you all enough for your support, letters, and care packages. Like the one I received from Debbie Vogt yesterday filled with the best beef jerky any of us have had. It is from Big John's Beef Jerky and it is quite tasty......Thank you Debbie. Take care everyone and I'll talk back at you next week.


Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a game! It wasn't the same w/ out the annual Zirbes super bowl party.