Sunday, January 27, 2008

Building A Better Iraq


Hello and welcome to Tool Time,


I am your host Dan "The, I shouldn't have tools man" Zirbes. If you know me you know that I am not a carpenter by any means but, I found myself building things this week for our new shop. The hanger was re-wired while I was on leave and we can move back into it now. As you see in the picture behind me, we are still in the framing stages of our new shop but I decided to build a work bench for it. I measured, cut, and assembled it all by myself and it was level........AMAZING!!!!! If you know me at all you know this is well out of my realm of expertise. I don't build things but, I thought I'd give it a shot and it turned out ok. So I then proceeded to make shelves for a pantry and close it off with a door and that turned out ok also. Maybe I missed my calling.......NOT! It is kinda fun to do though on a very part time bases.


Besides the building, not too much has happened this week. It did rain twice this week and turned this place into a mud pit again. It takes a week to dry out and make it ok to walk around without getting mud all over your boots wherever you go. Till then Jesse and I keep a chair by the door to remove our boots so we don’t get mud all over the room. Also, we have our "Path" we walk to and from the bathrooms so that we avoid as much mud as possible. It is kinda fun watching everybody hopping over puddles just to get to the bathroom. I do miss indoor plumbing for that reason. Maybe I should build myself a bathroom in my room? Naaa…..Not only would it look like crap, it would smell like it also.


On that note, I will sign out now, fade to black and leave you wanting more. So, till next week...........Stay Classy!!!


Dan

No comments: