Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July


Hello everybody and happy 4th of July to all of you.

We were given a little more freedom this past week and I have been able to do some things other than army training. On Sunday, my platoon went to Lonestar Steakhouse for, you guessed it, steaks. It was a fun evening for all. the Twins were on the TV, I ordered the T-Bone and I had an ice cold........ice tea in my hand.(Still no alcohol allowed)

On Tuesday I got to go to concert put on my Army Entertainment. Trace Atkins was the headliner and Joe Nickels opened for him. It was a good show, as country shows fair. I got to sit in the sun, listen to music, and have an ice cold.......ice tea again. It was almost like being home, just with out Sarah, my normal clothes and my car to drive me there(we took a bus).

Then today we all got to sleep in because the concert ended at 11pm. then we had a BBQ for lunch with chicken, beef, and pork ribs. It was very good and I think I ate too much. Then I went to see Transformers at the mall. I thought I was a good movie. Lots of special effects and "Guy" type of things to keep me interested.

Tomorrow it is back to the grind of Army life. It was nice to have a little more freedom to do so things that I took for granted before this deployment. Now I look forward to coming home on block leave and spending lots of time with Sarah. I need my "Sarah" time you know.

Well, it's off to bed for me. Again I thank you all for the support you all have given me so far. I look forward to talking with everybody again soon.

Dan

P.S.) Be sure to look below for new pictures from time to time.

No comments: