Wednesday, July 11, 2007

11 Days and a Wake-Up


Hello again, its me. I hope everybodys week is going well so far and the rest of your week is just as good. Things here are winding down. I'm very excited to come home on block leave in 12 days and so is everyone else here.


We did get a fun day yesterday though. Our First Sargent reserved an outside pool for the whole company to go swimming and have a cookout. It was a beautiful day outside. about 92 degrees and a slight wind. Everyone, including myself, had a blast. It felt good to not wear my uniform for most of the day and to sit out and get some sun.


We also have been playing volleyball for PT. Its a nice change of pace from running all of the time. The solders from Hawaii are pretty good and are a challenge to play against. Go figure, they live on a beach, they have played a few times I bet(lol). On Friday we have a battalion run in the morning. This is where we form up and run in a group and have somebody call out cadence to keep us in step. It will be a short run from what I've herd so that's good because running in formation hurts my feet(too much stomping, not running). Then our whole platoon is going to the bowing ally to do some team building that night. We were going to do it tonight but we just had some people come back from the FOB and they are going to diner together to celebrate being out of the FOB like my group had a picnic.


Well, time for me to go again. Dinner is calling and you all know how I hate to miss a meal. Take it easy and I'll talk to you all again soon.


Dan

No comments: