Monday, April 7, 2008

Too Cool For The Pool


Hello again everybody,


Hope all is well with all of you. Things here are plugging along. Today though, I went to the pool on the East Side. I went with 3 other people and spent the afternoon there. It was a nice way to spend the day. It was the first time going to the pool, but it won't be the last that’s for sure. I played a little water basketball and got some sun before the clouds moved in. For just a minute I didn't feel like I was in Iraq, then I saw the big "T"-walls and it brought me back. Just to let you know, it was 90 degrees here today and the water felt oh so good.


Also this week I have gone to Taco Ball, The Turkish Cafe, and Green Bean Cafe. The chow hall gets kinda boring after eating there for the last 9 months so I will venture out and hit the food court by the PX. They have a Burger King, Subway, Pizza Hut, Church’s Fried Chicken, and a new Cinnabon also to chose from. They are all in little trailers and don’t resemble a fast food place at all unless you were looking for it. It is nice to have these creature comforts around to break up the day to day life. You can only look at so many "T"-walls and sand and rock before you get little stir crazy. This is why I do like being a "Fobbet" (one who lives and never leaves the FOB).


Just to let you know, I might go to the pool again before work tomorrow because I liked it so much. I hope I don't burn myself out on it, but I’ll sure in hell try to if you know what I mean. Otherwise, Everyone have a great week and keep thawing out from winter.


See Ya,


Dan

No comments: