Monday, January 21, 2008

I Have A Dream.......


Hello and Happy MLK Day Everyone,


As I sit here and write this BLOG I sez to myself, self (That’s what I call myself when I'm alone) what do you dream about? Lately, I dream of home because I was just there with my beautiful wife for 15 great days. Also, I guess I screamed in my sleep thinking I was getting bitten by a shark and woke up my roommate in the process. It's not quite the same dream Dr King had but at least I do dream.


Now to the real world.........This week I was able to get back into my routine. Sleep, work, drink lots of coffee, and going to the chow hall. I did make it over to the East side of the FOB a couple of times this week. The first time, I went to a Turkish Cafe to have lunch with a couple of friends. It is a nice change of pace from the chow hall and it feels like you are n a real cafe for a little bit. The second time was today to go to the Iraqi Bazaar. They sell movies, TV show sets, and electronic equipment for pretty good prices (Don't worry Sarah, I didn't buy anything today. I just looked.) It is always like a little adventure to go over to the other side of the FOB from time to time.


I do want to say thank you to Wendy Pettus and the Shea family for the care packages I have received this past week. The Guys in my platoon see me get the boxes and they hover as I open them to see what goodies are inside. The other platoons are coming into our shop because they know the people that send us items send the "Good Stuff". So, thank you for your support and do know that all of the items are very welcome.


That’s it for this week, there isn't any more. You can stop reading now, the post is done. It’s like watching the credits at the end of the movie, nobody does. Have a great week and I'll talk more nonsense next week.


Dan

1 comment:

memories2keep1976 said...

Dan,

I stopped by your page to see how you are doing. It is cold in here WI. In fact tonight we are having a snow storm. Which I am sure Sara might possibly be getting in MN. Sometime we will have to go karokee again.....miss the days at Ramada. Anyhow Kiara is getting big and talking a lot.