Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Gobble, Gobble,


Thanksgiving is days away and I see the turkey loaf, canned stuffing, and instant potatoes at the chow hall coming my way. The weather here is in the 80's for highs so it doesn't feel like it is only4 days away. there is suppose to be a chill in the air and lots of holiday commercials on the TV. Sarah told me that it sleeted yesterday after the Vikings game, that’s what I'm talking about. Well, I do get to go on leave here in less than 4 weeks, so I get to see it then. Call me weird, but I do like winter. Also, all of my Christmas shopping is done and the last of it will be mailed to Sarah in a couple of days. The deadline for mailing items to make it before Christmas is December 10th so I am trying to beat the rush so to speak.


I was also quite busy this week at work. Now that we have been in country for 4 months, things are starting to break and that’s where I come in. Between my two guys and myself, we have done repairs on 5 different aircraft. They are all still flying if that was your next question. Come on now I'm not that bad at mechanics. I do have a manual to go by, so it helps. We also had a BBQ at the hanger last Monday. There was steak, chicken and lots of junk food to eat. We even had beer flavored pop (non-alcoholic beer). I put some of the pictures from that on my facebook page so if you want to check them out you are more than welcome to. It was a nice break from the norm.


Now I am starting to ramble on so that must mean that I am running out of things to say. I do want to say thank you again for all of the letters, cards, and packages I have received. I do try to respond to everyone that sends something but if I have missed you do know that I do appreciate it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and shop till you drop this weekend.


Take Care


Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A late reply, but Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I just found you blog and i love it! See you in a month!