Monday, November 26, 2007

A Chill Is In The Air



Did you have enough turkey?


I did. Even though it was turkey loaf, it was still turkey. Be sure to look down below to see pictures from the chow hall. They really decorated the place well but, it till wasn't home. I did get to talk to my parents and Sarah's family on Thanksgiving so that was nice to do. Too bad the leftovers will not keep till I get home on leave (I do love Sarah's Grandparents stuffing...mmmmmm).


Instead, our company had a cookout yesterday. There was steak, ribs and chicken a plenty. It got cool last night, around 50, so everyone hung around the grills to warm up. There was fake beer, or beer flavored pop as some of us call it, and some if the guys had a jam session in the hanger. The whole event lasted for about 4 hours and the music for 3 of the hours. So, with the live music, fake beer, and BBQ, it was a little bit of home here in Iraq. It was a needed escape from the norm. I will also post those pictures down below.


That's about it for the week that was. I'm looking forward to my leave coming up here and going on vacation with Sarah. The days are going by quickly and I'll be home in no time. Just to let you all know, When I am on leave I will not be posting to the BLOG for obvious reasons. But till then, stay tuned for the latest updates on the adventures of SGT Dan Zirbes!!!


Take care all and I'll talk to you later.


Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll make sure to have some beer flavored pop at the wedding.