Monday, December 10, 2007

Feliz Navidad!!


Hola,


I'm brushing up in my Spanish for my trip....how am I doing? Well, to tell you the truth I only know how to say hello, where's the bathroom, and to order beer. That’s all I need to know. I am so looking forward to the trip that Sarah and I am taking. It will be nice to be a civilian again for a little bit. I won’t have to shower in the same place as 10 other guys. I won’t be eating my meals with a weapon by my side. Just little things like that.


I hope all of you have finished your Christmas shopping (or Hanukah or Kwanza). I had mine done a while ago as most of you loyal BLOG followers know. Now I get to just enjoy the season and all of the nice things about it. Thanks to the Shea Family, I now have a 12" tree and a stocking in my room. Sarah also sent me a Santa pillow that you see in the picture. Now all I need is snow and I'll get some of that when I get home on leave.


This week in Iraq has been uneventful which is good when you are in a war zone. I did treat myself to a new DVD, The third Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I saw it in the theaters and I liked it so I bought it. Jesse also is back from his leave. It was nice to have the room all to myself for 3 weeks but it is nice to have a buddy around to go and do things with. Like today we are going to the East side for dinner at the Turkish Cafe that is over there. There gyros are very good and I'm in the mood for one tonight. Jesse and I have a lot in common so it makes it easy to get along and hang out. Other than that, I wear ACU's every day, carry my weapon every day, and go to work every day........very exciting!!


Take care everyone and have a Happy Holidays,


Dan


P.S.) I almost forgot to say thank you for all of the care packages and letters I have received this week. It is like Christmas every time the mail person comes around and hands out the mail.

No comments: