Monday, October 15, 2007

Papa Got A Brand New Camara


I am the all and powerful OZ!!!!


OK, I'm not , but I am in the land of OZ ...... I mean Iraq.......where am I again?


Back to reality. Time for the weekly update in the life of.....SGT Zirbes, soldier to the stars. (Don't ask me why I'm so goofy today. It must be the air or something.) This week went by pretty fast. I had a class on the environment on Friday. It was all about how we can take care of all of our waste products and leave Iraq better than we found it. You don't realize how must waste people produce till you see it first hand. The people involved are doing a tremendous job with the recycling and removal of all of the waste from the base. I'm now in charge of our hazmat program to get us into specs. I'd tell you more but I'd have to kill you with a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Speaking of Chuck Norris. Did you know the helicopter was invented when he was observed doing 10 roundhouse kicks in a row and lifted off the ground. Bet you didn't know that. That is what I call a Chuck Norris Fact.


On to other things.......I want to say thank you for all of the mail and support from everyone. I signed up my platoon on anysoldier.com and the response has been tremendous. We get at least one "something" everyday. All of my troops love the treats and letters we get. The food doesn't last long with 15 guys eating it, that's for sure. So again I say thank you everybody.


Now I bet you are wondering why I named this one what I did. It's because my camera's LED screen cracked on it and I needed to buy a new camera. The old one served me well. I took around 1200 pictures with it and I only had It 10 months. I have my mothers camera bug I guess because I had to buy a new one right away so I don't miss a thing. It is a little nicer than my other one. It has more features and is smaller so I shouldn't break this one (I hope). The picture at the top of this I took with the new camera. I think it looks nice.


I've rambled on long enough. I'll let you get back to your lives for another week. I will have more misadventures of.....SGT Zirbes next week for you all.


Take care,


Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan - First let me start by saying thank you so much for all you do for us back home. Second...I hope this is the right Dan from Rosemount High School class of 1990. Anyway, I wanted to invite you to join (Free) our new alumni site which is http://rhs1990.ning.com and check out what's new with old classmates. I have missed every reunion cause I had no clue when or where it was...not anymore. Hope to see you on the site. Again, thanks for all you do. Come home safe and God bless you, your family, and your brothers and sisters at war. Kristin Dunham Dechant - RHS Class of 1990