Tuesday, August 28, 2007

In The Army Now


Hello again! Dan asked me to update his blog for him. He's still working on getting reliable and steady internet access in Iraq.

Dan went to a bazaar while still in Kuwait and bought a few items from the approved vendors. He had a good time and saw lots of very unique items. He called and asked if I wanted a hookah pipe. I don't even know what that is!

He is doing well and now working each day. He had a little bicycle accident and flew over the handlebars, with full gear on, but he only scratched up his hands. I've mailed him a new pillow and fun string lights with beer mugs, chili peppers, and Hawaiian shirts on them. He wants to hang them outside his door.

Dan says that he keeps very hydrated. They have bottled water and Crystal Light available everywhere. He's also been getting his daily fix of coffee from Green Bean, a gourmet coffee house on post.

The time difference is nine hours so we talk mostly while I'm at work. It's kind of funny because I'm eating breakfast and he's on his way to dinner. He says the food is good.

I'll close for now and let Dan update everyone when he gets time.

Thanks again for all your support.

3 comments:

Johnson said...

What a great photo of the two of you!

Unknown said...

Sarah, You can tell Dan to pick up one of those hooka's for Dale.
John Mendala

trucknken said...

Well I hope you got the stuff for your internet and TV that we sent so we can see more updates from you.

Ken